Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Change is afoot

As you might have noticed, we are no longer a CrossFit Affiliate. Over the last couple of years I feel like CF HQ has kind of lost the plot a little. (individual affiliates are still doing great things, fighting the good fight) It didn't affect the training we were conducting in our gym, but now we're going in a new direction.

Focusing entirely on the sport of Weightlifting.

Weightlifting is a great sport, it's accessible and it's fun. It's both individual and a team sport. I've never competed in anything quite like it. (I suppose karate tournaments felt close...)

It has been my experience as a coach as well, that the VAST majority of trainees coming through my doors would have benefitted from focusing solely on strength and power development, not lung shredding conditioning.

So that's what we're all about now. 4 nights per week we are throwing the bumps around.

No comments:

Post a Comment