Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31, 2011

Way to go on your first benchmark WOD last night! You did very well and really pushed through. "Helen" is one of my "favourite" benchmarks, but it is pretty uncomfortable when done right. heh

Today we're going to look at more maintenance and preventative stuff. There are a couple things to keep in mind to avoid or deal with injuries. The biggest one is knowing the difference between hurt and injured. If you're hurt, let me know, we can work around it, tape it up, whatever it takes to keep training and not make it worse. Sometimes things hurt because they're pissed off that you're making them work after letting it get away with doing nothing for so long. This is generally OK as long as it doesn't get worse preferably it gets better).

If it is injury, or is going beyond the "hurts good" type of hurt you need to stop and assess it. Maybe it's something we can sub around, maybe it isn't. Maybe it needs to be taped, maybe not. But it's up to you to let me know when something is not right, something is hurting when it shouldn't, and when you need to sub, stop, or whatever.

I don't know what you're feeling, and it's my job to make you better than you were when you showed up, not worse. But if you're not keeping me in the loop on what's going on I can't do that. 

So be smart, keep me posted on what's ailing you and we'll make it better.

Sara getting some pull-ups


WOD:
5 rounds for time of:
5 Deadlifts
15 Push-ups
100' sprint

No comments:

Post a Comment