Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Theoretical Hierarchy of Sport development

CrossFit has an athletic pyramid of sorts, outlining the theoretical hierarchy of development as an athlete in sports. It looks like this.


What is means is that the foundation for athletic excellence is nutrition. Without a solid foundation of good fuel, your performance will be less than it could be. After that it moves on to metcon, gymnastics, lifting and throwing and finally, your sport. 

The way I look at it, this pyramid isn't quite to scale, It looks like the lifting is half as important as conditioning, which I don't know I agree with, but I guess it depends on your sport. But what I can tell you is that nutrition and consistency are important.

Consistency in your nutrition, consistency in your training, consistency in your maintenance... if you have that, the rest will happen.

WOD:
"Fran"
21-15-9 reps for time of
Thrusters
Pull-ups

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that the hierarchy of sport development looks like that. Good thing you shared that idea. I now know how it works.

    toddler gymnastics

    ReplyDelete