Tuesday, April 12, 2011

So... what do I do next? or Life after Kettlebell class

Kettlebell class is ending soon (only a couple weeks left!) and as it stands right now I don't feel there is enough people interested in starting up and running a continuing class of Kettlebells only. So what do you do if you want more? Simple... check out my new class I will be running instead.

Starting at the beginning of May I will be starting up my first CrossFit On-Ramp course. This will be 3 classes per week, for 4 weeks. It is imperative that you are commited and able to make it to ALL of the classes, as the things we do in one class build on things we did in the previous class.

What is the CrossFit On-Ramp? Good question. CrossFit encompasses many disciplines of training and sport, and combines them into a constantly varied training program. We will still be doing all the things we did in Kettlebell class, and much much more. We will also be doing some gymnastics, powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Running, Rowing, Medicine balls, odd object lifting, tire flips, rope climbing... all kind of great stuff. Every class will be different and challenging.

The On-Ramp teaches you all the basic (and not so basic) movements that you'll need to know to participate fully and safely in group CrossFit classes.

The On-Ramp will be limited to 6 people (maybe 8, I'll have to play that one by ear) and will cost $70 for the 4 weeks. After that we will have ongoing regular classes you can attend for a monthly fee based on how many classes you plan to attend.

The On-Ramp and regular classes will be done in my garage. CrossFit is what I was teaching in Kelowna for years, it is what I believe in, and it was what was flavouring my training in the Kettlebell class. If you enjoyed the Kettlebell class, but found you wanted more, or simply want to continue your training, this is the way to go. I promise it'll be more fun, and more effective.

See you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment