Monday, April 11, 2011

You can do it!

This is a great story that a friend of mine out in BC shared on facebook this morning. He is also a CrossFit coach, and this is the story of a CrossFit athlete, who started out like pretty much everyone, just wanting to "get in shape" and "look better naked" but realized that she is in fact an athlete. (as we all are/can be).

Read the full story here.

I came into CrossFit as an adult to get rid of my pancake ass.  I certainly wasn’t looking to kick any.

But here I was a year into it, 16 pounds heavier, and competing in an event that requires coordination, athleticism, and gumption.  I had to be coaxed into it, but I was loving it.   Something about the Open forced me to huck my entire soul into the weekly prescribed workouts.  And going full tilt in a workout, in a competitive space – putting yourself fully out there – is exhausting, exhilarating, and awful in a way I can’t quite describe.  It’s addictive.  And as I stared at the prescribed workout on Tuesday, I felt unspeakably sad that it was all going to end, that I was going to have to drop out.
 Read the rest of the story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment